Thursday, July 5

treadmill isn't doing it for me this time

so - decided to take myself out and pound the roads to "shame" me into doing it when I know there's a chance others are watching.  Now - I know that's probably a load of rubbish - amost folk will be a)sleeping or reading papers on the buses that pass me b) sleeping or ogling page 3 in the vans that pass me and c) concentrating on driving not nodding off on the way o work in the cars that pass me.  So once I got all that into my head - I only bloody well managed what I set out to do!  What a boost! Wow! lamppost to lamppost alternate jogging/walking. 2.5k all in and I "jogged" half of it. I feel bloody magic! and home before 7am!!  Not going to pretend it was a dawdle mind you - it was bloody hard.  But the bottom line is I managed it.  So now I know what I need to do.  be able to run 4 times that amount in 3 months time.  Definitely doable given how well I did scaling up the walking.  I'll try this again over the weekend (although I'm out a lot this weekend) then start it 3 times per week next week and slowly start scaling it up.  COME ON - YOU CAN DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment